[OT] [Altrok] Update #176: New Tracks, And (Hopefully) A Celebration Of John Peel This Week

hubcity@... hubcity@...
Mon Oct 8 13:52:16 CEST 2007

Firstly, the important stuff:

Altrok Radio is at http://www.altrokradio.com

Please remember to tune in whenever you can - every hour you listen turns into more visibility for the station; we show up higher in search listings, and such like that. And if you'd like to help us keep the stream running, check out the advertisers if they appeal to you; your interest actually helps fund us.

Now then, in addition to the outstanding Altrok Radio music mix that got us an Editor's Pick nod at Live365 and at About.com, we've added features we know you'll like...

This Thursday, we're pulling together a schedule for John Peel Day, as a celebration of his years (and years!) of influence on the music that defines us as "alternative".  Bands Peel featured, Peel session tracks as we collect them, and (as of press time) new sessions from bands Peel featured.  All subject to the whims of technology, of course, but we'll see what we can pull together...

And on Friday, it's Altrok's Eighties Friday: music from the eighties that mattered then AND now. An eight hour playlist that features some of the best that decade had to offer, drawing from all the music that was available at the time (yes, even from the seventies.)

But for now - we've got songs to let you know about.

This week, our Grinders (the stuff we play heavily) include music from:

 - The Fiery Furnaces
 - New Young Pony Club
 - Shut Your Eyes And You'll Burst Into Flames
 - Maps
 - Mr. Fogg
 - Cajun Dance Party

Plus we've got newly-added music:

 - David Dondero - Rothko Chapel
 - Eulogies - One Man
 - Faded Paper Figures - B-Film
 - The Goodnight Loving - Land Of 1000 Bars
 - Late of the Pier - Bathroom Gurgle
 - Le Loup - We Are Gods! We Are Wolves!
 - Moving Units - Wrong Again
 - Mystery Palace - Nascar Survivor
 - Operator Please - Get What You Want
 - Rogue Wave - Lake Michigan
 - The Rumble Strips - Clouds
 - Those Dancing Days - Hitten

Our Newly-Added Classics:

 - The B-52's - Summer Of Love (Original Unreleased Mix)
 - The Comsat Angels - Will You Stay Tonight
 - King - I Kissed The Spikey Fridge
 - King Crimson - Sleepless (Dance Mix)
 - New Order - Ceremony
 - The New York Dolls - Personality Crisis
 - The Replacements - Never Mind
 - The Sisters Of Mercy - Lucretia My Reflection
 - The The - Slow Train To Dawn
 - Yello - Bostich

As always, thanks for listening!

- Sean Carolan
  Altrok Radio
  On your computer right now at http://www.altrokradio.com
  On the radio Fridays at 10pm, at 90.5 The Night