Anyone going along to Ken's talk at Waterstones, Glasgow, as part of Peel Day?

ken garner ken_garner@...
Sat Oct 6 18:52:54 CEST 2007

it's possible I suppose, but even if it happened, that would not
count as a Peel, because Peel stopped presenting Nightride in 69, and
the last 6 months of that ('Son of Night Ride' ) were actually not
really night ride at all anyway, being mid evening. I cannot recall
at this distance whether I looked at Nick Drake's contract file for
IST in written archives, or whether there was one even.

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, RobF <robfleay@...> wrote:

> >re: Echo and the Bunnymen: as samuel johnson said when
> >asked why he had misdefined the unit of measurement of a
> >horse's height in his dictionary, "ignorance, madam, pure
> >ignorance". You're right. Echo and The Bunnymen with a 14
> >year gap should indeed be in my biggest gaps list. Clean
> >forgot 'em.
>
> Point to me!
>
> Here's another obscure question on the session front..I just
finished reading the Nick Drake biography "Deeper Than The Darkest
Sea" and it mentions a second BBC session that Nick did that doesn't
appear in either IST or the new book. It even states the studio
details (S2 Broadcasting House) and the TX April 13 1970 on the Night
Ride show. No tracklisting is mentioned though - which is even more
odd.