FLAC it is then!

deedeeramain deedeeramain@...
Wed Nov 28 19:39:53 CET 2007

Pretty good discussion I generated heh heh!
I also had a quick snout around the 'net and found that Monkey's Audio
wasn't quite as stable as FLAC.
The remarks re. Hi-Fi's / speakers etc were interesting. I got fed up
with the tinny PC speakers and stumped up for some Bose Media Mates
for my laptop - wow! They're great! A little bit deeper than yer
average PC speakers but a BIG improvement in quality. Nice bass too!
Not so expensive - just over a ton I think. Put 'em on your
Christmas/Eid/Diwalhi list!
I use my PC for loads - I watch and record TV shows, play music,
compile cookery books etc etc. Sometimes it gets used for work as
well! My PC is a decent stereo also.
I haven't set it up yet but I just bought an Evesham PC for taking to
Saudi with surround sound - it looks like it's going to be a pretty
good stereo!
And what's a CD player but a mini computer!
I can't see the point in having a separate hi-fi any longer! Unless
you're a complete purist but if that's the case surely live music is
better! Didn't we love vinyl for the pops and scratches, the run in
grooves and the drop of the needle?
Cheers!
DeeDee