[peel] Lossy and Lossless Audio compression

Tom Bartlett tomb242@...
Wed Nov 28 17:05:17 CET 2007

To be honest it doesn't matter which lossless format you choose all the
files should be identical when you decode back to wave. I prefer FLAC
because my rockboxed i-river and choice of audio player on the PC
regarding of operating system supports it. It now seems to be the format
of choice for sites offering downloads in a lossless format.

I have heard good things about Wave pack, TTA, TAK etc  and all seem to
be chosen on depending speed and size. This site may help.

http://wiki.hydrogenaudio.org/index.php?title=Lossless_comparison

Tom