Bandwidth issues

Roger Carruthers roger.carruthers@...
Sun Nov 11 13:41:57 CET 2007

I'm getting a pretty feeble download rate on Torrent 1 of 17, despite there
being 50 odd peers, and I would dearly like to get this one finished, so I
can make some space for the others.
 I just noticed that the client I'm using, Transmission, has a default
upload limit, which can be changed, so I've reset it so that I can share
Torrent 2 (which is the one I agreed to keep up) more effectively.
 I was just wondering therefore, if anyone seeding Torrent 1 might care to
do likewise, if their client has such a feature...?
 If I understand correctly, upping your upload rate should not effect your
download rate - someone please correct me if I'm wrong.
 Sadly, a colleague got busted at work not so long ago for file sharing, so
I'm now limited to using my home machine for this kind of activity. I am
leaving it running more or less night and day, but still looking at ETA's
measured in days rather than hours :-(

 Thanks once again to all of you who are sharing these. I've compiled a
couple of audio DVD's out of compilation 2, and when I've finished tweaking
them (which may include the somewhat gargantuan task of including cover art
for every FF entry!), I'll upload these as disc images to save anyone else
of a similarly obsessive bent the trouble. This, incidentally is another
good reason for me to get compilation 1 finished, so I can do a 'Complete
Festive 50 DVD' series
Cheers
Roger