[peel] Kevin Coyne Tribute

tony donaghey tonydonaghey@...
Thu Mar 8 10:31:35 CET 2007

The two mentions of the Kevin Coyne tribute album lead me to tie it in with a tread that has been running on this group for awhile - namely variety.
  John was a Coyne fan thru and thru signing him to Dandelion and giving him numerous sessions - I would dare to say he was one of the first to release Peel sessions on an album in 1977(there's a debate). This tribute album features many varied styles of artists covering Kevin's songs. Nikki Sudden - with one of his last recordings does Marlene, Alternative TV do Hello Judas (hear that on the myspace page) www.myspace.com/kevincoynebookscom whist Goldfish do Sand All Yellow from Case History and give it an experimental treatment. I urge those not familar with this superb songwriter to give the myspace songs a listen - Then buy the album and then the 40+ albums kevin released during his life time.
  Tony

Phil Edwards <festive50@...> wrote:
            Assuming this was aimed at me Stuart (in my Dandelion Radio guise).
  Thanks, but the chap has already been in contact with us at Dandelion Radio Towers and he's just dropped the CD round to one our crew and will probably be featured
  in next month's schedule.
  Thanks again

  Phil Edwards

    -----Original Message-----
From: peel@yahoogroups.com [mailto:peel@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of Stuart McHugh
Sent: 07 March 2007 21:20
To: peel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [peel] Kevin Coyne Tribute

      Phil, one of our regulars, asked me to post this info about a Kevin Coyne tribute (so it didn't seem like spam, he said, but it's a very worthy cause!)

  Kevin as you no doubt know was one of John's first signings to the Dandelion label and over the years featured many times on his various radio programmes. A full track listing can be found at our web site:

www.lifeandliving.net
  with some short samples and there are four pull tracks at Kevin Coyne Books Myspace site:
  http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=79495954

  All proceeds from the sale of the CD go to Life And Living who are a voluntary group working with psychiatric service users at the Maudsley Hospital in London.