[peel] Re: Tubular Bells TX Top Gear 29/5/73

Martin Wheatley martinw@...
Sat Jun 23 12:20:50 CEST 2007

At 11:02 23/06/2007, you wrote:

>I'm not usually inclined to believe anything R. Branson says - but I
>wonder if there's some truth in this? At first I thought it was
>another version of the myth that JP in his early days "played albums
>all the way through" if he liked them - he never did, of course, due
>to needletime restrictions

On the contrary  Needletime restrictions were exactly why he could
do it.   'Reviewing new records' was one of the needletime exemptions
(film soundtracks was another).   Playing large chunks of a new album
(once only!) was quite common

martinw