Tubular Bells TX Top Gear 29/5/73

thebarguest thebarguest@...
Sat Jun 23 02:15:20 CEST 2007

I think the Maoist punk/new-wave exclusionism may have
affected JP in the late 70's, but I remember hearing "Tubular
Bells" for the first time as a 17-year-old in 1978 and being
"blown away", even though I was into punk/new-wave as well as
old stuff like BJH and Yes. Class will always out .......

Cheers,
Gerald Sinstadt

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, Martin Wheatley <martinw@...> wrote:

> At 10:46 21/06/2007, you wrote:
>

> >One thing i do remember is the 25th Aniversary of TB in 1987 Mike
> >Oldfield do a session version of TB truncated to 15-20 mins, with
> >John Peel as MC in recognition of his
> >contribution to it's popularity, though the track (or rather
> >Oldfield) was deemed to be 'too important' to be broadcast in
Peel's