[peel] Re: One or two other teeny blanks?? (help?)

RobF robfleay@...
Wed Jul 11 16:33:56 CEST 2007

> I am also putting in the new sessions on those very
> early Top Gears (3 of them) that he did not actually
> present or co- present)

On a similar subject - there was some debate on a blog (i recall not which) about the only "John Peel Session" by Depeche Mode. It's listed in "In Session Tonight" as a Richard Skinner session, but someone was claiming that Skinner presented it because Peel was ill. Not sure if that one was ever cleared up.

> does anyone have exact dates for the two
> editions of the old Radio 5's CHAIN REACTION show in
> which Peel appeared? In one week's show, david Gedge
> interviewed Peel as HIS  hero

I have this on tape too - but I'll have to check if I made a note of the date on the case - I remember the MW reception was awful (whistling all the way through!)