Reply to Stuart - Peel Out in the States

Trevor Huddleston trevor_huddleston@...
Sun Dec 16 16:45:07 CET 2007

Hi Stuart

I am the happy owner of the full 12 CD set of "Peel Out in the States" series which were recorded in 1993. Picked them up here and there on Ebay, etc for pretty reasonable prices over the last 5 years.

Each CD has two, 30 minute programmes with the classic Peel delivery and links.

For me, the highlight is the extraordinary acapella rendition of "Ace of Spades" by Paska - a young gent from Finland. As Peel notes at the conclusion of the 50 second piece: "there's one of them in every community".

If anyone can give me some straightforward instructions on how to share these CDs, I might make this my Xmas project!

Yours

Trevor

To: peel@yahoogroups.comFrom: stuart@...: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 15:20:21 +0000Subject: [peel] Re: Whilst on the subject of...

ok, I certainly never heard of either Peel on Luxembourg or the Virgin shop shows. Very interesting...

Also, I have never encountered one of the near-mythical 'Peel Out In The USA' shows - from the 90s (?) and produced for student radio syndications in America in conjunction with Doc Martens. I know a lot of US indie types got their first introduction to Peel via these (and then encouraged us UK types to start off the tape chains of more recent times.)
Last time I heard of one of these was in the early days of eBay when copies were changing hands for quite a bit...

Stuart

Stuart Mchugh
stuart@...