Reply to Stuart - Peel Out in the States

kevin_beech kevin_beech@...
Sun Dec 16 19:39:14 CET 2007

hi trevor,

posting these would be great,

perhaps if you make each show into mp3 rip via windows media and post
via yousendit.
they normaly have 2 week offers so you can send large files

perhaps others may have better ideas??

kev

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, Trevor Huddleston
<trevor_huddleston@...> wrote:

> Hi Stuart
>
> I am the happy owner of the full 12 CD set of "Peel Out in the
States" series which were recorded in 1993. Picked them up here and
there on Ebay, etc for pretty reasonable prices over the last 5
years.

> Each CD has two, 30 minute programmes with the classic Peel
delivery and links.

> For me, the highlight is the extraordinary acapella rendition
of "Ace of Spades" by Paska - a young gent from Finland. As Peel
notes at the conclusion of the 50 second piece: "there's one of them
in every community".

> If anyone can give me some straightforward instructions on how to
share these CDs, I might make this my Xmas project!

> Yours
>
> Trevor
>

> To: peel@...: stuart@...: Sun, 16 Dec 2007 15:20:21 +0000Subject:
[peel] Re: Whilst on the subject of...

> ok, I certainly never heard of either Peel on Luxembourg or the
Virgin shop shows. Very interesting...

> Also, I have never encountered one of the near-mythical 'Peel Out
In The USA' shows - from the 90s (?) and produced for student radio
syndications in America in conjunction with Doc Martens. I know a lot
of US indie types got their first introduction to Peel via these (and
then encouraged us UK types to start off the tape chains of more
recent times.)
> Last time I heard of one of these was in the early days of eBay
when copies were changing hands for quite a bit...