One week to go on Best Of The Best Of the Best

Steve so_it_goes_2512@...
Wed Dec 5 00:58:45 CET 2007

Lol, yes DeeDee, it has been said that I have set you all a nearly
impossible task: but if you think of the number of records released in
any given year, was voting in the FF any less difficult? There is so
much music coming out all the time...more than 1400 songs a year, I am
sure! Moreover, I gave you all the option of casting votes for more than
three tracks if you felt choosing only three was too difficult, so you
can't really complain, can you? ;-))  In any event, it's only a bit of
fun, so why do some people insist on taking it so seriously?  Thanks for
your votes, anyway!!

I'm not aware that Koreans are into mental torture...unless one is
stupid enough to listen to their mind-numbing pop music. There is one
band that I really like called Nell, they are a lot like Radiohead, but
otherwise, the slushy ballads and cheesy rap that passes for pop here is
just appalling.

Take care, mate!
--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "deedeeramain" <deedeeramain@...> wrote:

> Steve-O! You rotten swine!
> Here I was feeling guilty at not having posted in your worthy poll so
> I headed over to 'http://www.rocklistmusic.co.uk/festive50.htm' to
> check out the cumulative Festive Fiftys and try to decide on three
> tracks to post to your poll.
> It's an impossible task!
> Have you seen the quality of the music in those listings?! No wonder
> you have multiple "equals" for chart positions!
> Is this some kind of inscrutable Korean Mind-Fuck you have come
> across?!
> I'm going to post three tracks but wow! - It's almost impossible!
> What a set of compilation tapes these would make! How about we start a
> new Peel Group Project? We replicate in it's entirety the Peel Festive
> Fifties and then we distribute it illegally on this music fan to music
> fan file-sharing thingymujig? In FLAC of course! None of that
> rubbishy .mpfree

myearsdeceivemeI'msurethere'ssummatmissingfromthistrackbutit'sdeceptive