One week to go on Best Of The Best Of the Best

Steve so_it_goes_2512@...
Wed Dec 5 00:48:49 CET 2007

Sorry, rocker, but I cannot go along with what you say.  I have already
discussed this question here
<http://festivefifty.blogspot.com/2007/08/your-festive-fifty-introductio\
n.html>  .  There are an awful lot of suppositions in your argument
('would have', 'probably', 'if he was'): do you have any documentary
evidence to back this up? Still, I respect your opinion, and, as I have
said, JP did get fed up, not with the chart itself, but the choices his
audience made, hence the 'white boys with guitars' quote. Nevertheless,
with a few exceptions, the chart was composed of stuff that he had
played-so how can you blame people for voting for it? Why would they
vote for something that they didn't find interesting or exciting just to
make him happy?