[OT] [Altrok] Update #184: Support Your Local Web Radio Station!

hubcity@... hubcity@...
Mon Dec 3 13:51:50 CET 2007

[Altrok] New Adds...Listen For Free...Or Not.
Folks,

Firstly, the important stuff:

Altrok Radio is at http://www.altrokradio.com

Please remember to tune in whenever you can - every hour you listen turns into more visibility for the station; we show up higher in search listings, and such like that.  And if you'd like to help us keep the stream running, check out the advertisers if they appeal to you; your interest actually helps fund us.

Now then, to be clear: Altrok Radio is free to listen to, and will be for as long as I can manage it.

But if you'd like to listen without advertising (we'll interrupt occasionally to tell you what's coming up on the station) there's a VIP program run by Live365.  When you're a VIP, you get access to the commercial-free version of the station, plus all the ads on their website go away.  Cost is actually pretty reasonable; the roughly-$15-every-three-months plan seems to be the most popular option.  Here's the link if you're interested:

http://www.live365.com/rewards/pm?tag=muddychannel

And yes, we get a small kickback on that - $1.50 when you sign up, and a penny or so about every three hours you listen.  Not much, but we're a pretty lean operation; we'll take what we can get.

All that said, bet you're wondering what those new songs we've added are...

This week, our Grinders (the stuff we play heavily) include music from:

 - Wire
 - Black Francis
 - These New Puritans
 - Love Ends Disaster!
 - Frightened Rabbit
 - Twisted Wheel

Plus we've got newly-added music:

 - Nicole Atkins - Brooklyn's On Fire! - Neptune City
 - Crystal Castles - XxzxcZx Me - Downloadable Single
 - Damn Shames - Fear Of Assault - 7'' Single
 - Electric President - Dotted Lines - A Number Of Small Things [Comp]
 - Fiery Furnaces - Duplexes Of The Dead - Widow City
 - The Gay Blades - He She Say - Ghosts
 - The Kinks - Sunny Afternoon (Minitel Rose Remix) - Downloadable Single
 - Lima Research Society - Magic Juice Box - WoO! an EP
 - Mum - Dancing Behind My Eyelids - Go Go Smear The Poison Ivy
 - Operator Please - Ghost - Yes Yes Vindictive
 - Lou Reed - Safety Zone - Nanking
 - Tokyo Police Club - Your English Is Good - 7'' Single
 - The Video Nasties - Accessory - The Shed Sessions [EP]
 - Voxhaul Broadcast - The Backrooms - Rotten Apples
 - West Indian Girl - To Die In LA - 4th & Wall

Our Featured Classics:

 - The Alarm - Marching On - The Alarm
 - Cabaret Voltaire - Sensoria - Micro-Phonies
 - Filter - The Best Things - Title Of Record
 - The Jam - Pretty Green - Sound Affects
 - Kitchens Of Distinction - The 3rd Time We Opened The Capsule - Capsule; The Best Of K.O.D; 1988-94
 - The Motors - Dancing The Night Away - Motors 1
 - Our Daughter's Wedding - Lawn Chairs - 7'' Single
 - Siouxsie And The Banshees - Monitor - Juju
 - Tears For Fears - Shout (Extended Version) - 12'' Single
 - Violent Femmes - Gone Daddy Gone - Violent Femmes

As always, thanks for listening!

- Sean Carolan
  Altrok Radio
  On your computer right now at http://www.altrokradio.com
  On the radio Fridays at 10pm, at 90.5 The Night