[peel] Re: Dandelion Radio

Martin Wheatley martin2@...
Sun May 28 22:41:06 CEST 2006

 >Do others on the list realize there are loads of Peel-inspired
 >podcasts available on-line? These have been keeping me going for
 >months, and are often exceptionally good. If you want
 >recommendations I sincerely think Peel would be proud of can I
 >suggest

I agree that Podcasts are a useful thing.   They do tend to be at a
slightly lower bitrate than some of the actual broadcasts.
For those who don't know   You need Podcasting software
I use iPodder but I don't claim it's the best - just the first I happened
to come across when I was looking.  Others probably have other preferences

What happens is that it downloads episodes of the podcasts you subscribe to
when they become available at a time that suits you (mine is set to 5AM)
It's not realistic for those without broadband.

Radio 1 has a new band podcast (see the One World page)

Also since Peel was about width as well as new rather than old
can I recommend

http://www.dubsession.com/podcastbroadcast.htm

which gives me an hour of dub every week

martinw