[peel] wonderful putdowns

John Bravin john.bravin@...
Thu Jan 19 20:46:09 CET 2006

And he could also be equally good with the music he really liked.

I've finally got round to listening to the Peel Radio Mafia shows
broadcast in Finland.  After a live Neil Young track from Weld filled
with Sonic Youthesque guitar playing which has him drooling in ecstasy
("An absolutely astonishing performance") he says, "I always have this
vision of Neil Young as a man who has this kind of sound in his head
that he knows is somewhere in his guitar.  His life is devoted to
getting it out to an audience, and although he hasn't quite managed it
yet he keeps trying. And I admire him for that".

And also on the theme of the Radio Mafia shows they contain the first
ever show recorded at his home, complete with farmers ploughing the
fields and Flossie riding a horse.

John