DID / Peel Day

Stuart McHugh stuart@...
Mon Oct 24 17:46:41 CEST 2005

>The other memory is that he used to deliberately mispronounce his
>name as Tommy Vn'ass.  I was never sure whether this was just a bit
>of good-natured banter, or whether it was said with a degree of
>bitterness.

see also Simon Beast, and Dickie Lee Taupin. And John Plee, of course.

>Jim WAS playing a gig Keep It Peel day. I only knew
>about it on the day when I read about it in the Metro.
>I managed to see him a couple of years ago when he did
>a solo gig, supported by John Moore and his sister's
>band Sister Vanilla, who were both great.
I'd been under the impression that at least one brother was involved
in Sister Vanilla, but none were apparent either time I saw them live.

>Now this compilation, what information have you got on
>that? I've managed to find out that Jim & William are
>releasing a spilt single with there sister Linda.
>Creation Records news page this month says:
I'm not sure that the press I saw for the compilation wasn't confused
somewhere with that for the single. Anyway, this CD is called The
Cure For Sickness, and has Sister Vanilla with Stephen Pastel,
Tompaulin with Jim Reid, and, er, that's it, J&MC-wise (other acts
include Comet Gain, Darren Hayman, and the TVPs doing a Springsteen
cover). It's on Soup Records, who didn't  appear to have a website
last  time I checked!