[peel] Re: John's Record Box

Rob Brewer lists@...
Sun Oct 23 19:02:03 CEST 2005

On 10/23/05, Paul Webster <paul@...> wrote:
> > "Sheena Easton - 9 to 5"
> >
> > Shurely shumm mishtake, hic .........
> > Or could it be the "so bad it's great"
> > syndrome ?
> I think he really did like it and/or her.

The book synopsis written by John in 1992 that appears as an appendix
to Margrave of the Marshes promises:

"Meetings with Kylie Minogue and admiration for same. Her kindness to
Flossie and Flossie's friend Chloe. Explanation of preference for
Kylie, Sheena and the rest over Springsteen, U2, Dire Straits etc."

Alas he didn't get to that bit, but Sheila does tell a story involving
Dire Straits, which I won't spoil for you.

Rob

--
Rob Brewer rob@... rbrwr.org@... http://www.rbrwr.org
"I could have been like Lou Barlow, but I'm more like Ken Barlow"