[peel] Re: John's Record Box

Eddie Duffy eddie.duffy@...
Sun Oct 23 19:16:55 CEST 2005

I seem to remember Peelie being on an early-80s Radio 1 Round Table show
where one of the other guests was Sheena Easton. One of the records up
for review was a Fall track. I can't remember now, but I think it was
either "Totally Wired" or "Eat Y'Self Fitter". Peel got into an
impassioned rant about the Fall, the state of modern music, etc. Sheena
and he disagreed, but it was all pretty amicable and they just agreed to
disagree before moving on. Not sure whether he liked her or knew her
before that, but maybe he was won over by her feistiness.

I'm all for liking stuff whether it happens to be "cool" or not, but "9
to 5"? (*shudder*)