[peel] Dedicated to John Peel

Phil Edwards festive50@...
Sun Oct 2 20:13:43 CEST 2005

Totally agree Andrew.
I'd have probably bought it I hadn't already won my copy on Marcelle's show.

Phil

  -----Original Message-----
  From: peel@yahoogroups.com [mailto:peel@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of
Andrew Morrison
  Sent: 02 October 2005 10:53
  To: peel@yahoogroups.com
  Subject: Re: [peel] Dedicated to John Peel

  The album's great - 10 tracks, 35 minutes, sounds like no attention has
been paid to where or how it was recorded: a breath of fresh air, in other
words.  One of those you have to be in the right mood to put it on.  All the
songs seem to be the lone work of vocalist Jessie, but she ues a band live.
And what vocals, I can hear PJ Harvey in there somewhere, but she's trapped,
she's being held hostage, and probably tortured, screaming for release.
Nice touches of blues in there too.

  On paper I should hate it for it's lack of qound quality and limited
scope.  But for some reason I absolutely adore it. 'Me Animal' is bordering
on genuis.

  Andy

  Mark <sploozed@...> wrote:
    I thought the session was very good. They really seem
    to be trying something new.

    Yahoo! Messenger - NEW crystal clear PC to PC calling worldwide with
voicemail http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com

  Andrew Morrison
  Email: morriso@...
  Website: www.AndrewMorrison.co.uk