[peel] Dedicated to John Peel

Andrew Morrison morriso@...
Sun Oct 2 11:52:32 CEST 2005

The album's great - 10 tracks, 35 minutes, sounds like no attention has been paid to where or how it was recorded: a breath of fresh air, in other words.  One of those you have to be in the right mood to put it on.  All the songs seem to be the lone work of vocalist Jessie, but she ues a band live.  And what vocals, I can hear PJ Harvey in there somewhere, but she's trapped, she's being held hostage, and probably tortured, screaming for release.  Nice touches of blues in there too.

On paper I should hate it for it's lack of qound quality and limited scope.  But for some reason I absolutely adore it. 'Me Animal' is bordering on genuis.

Andy

Mark <sploozed@...> wrote:
I thought the session was very good. They really seem
to be trying something new.