[peel] Wawali Bonane stream

Neil Jenkins neil_jenkins.geo@...
Thu May 5 00:05:46 CEST 2005

Hmmmmmmmmm.  One of these years I'll have to investigate this further.  In the meantime I guess I've missed the opportunity to hear Mr. Bonane!  :-(

Martin Wheatley <martinwheatley@...> wrote:
At 20:20 04/05/2005, you wrote:

Neil
What Martin meant was that he uses realplayer to get the proxy URL. This is achieved by playing the file in realplayer and whilst still playing, you disconnect from the internet and eventually an error pops up saying error connecting to URL ......, this is the link that is pasted into Net Transport for downloading.

It's got a bit more elegant than that now.    I no longer disconnect the Internet connection

When you want to find a URL.   Start up Realplayer
Go to Tools - Preferences
Then to Connection - Proxy

Enter a false proxy under RTSP Proxy and turn it on.
The false proxy I use is 000.000.00

Then when you try to connect to a RealAudio stream it will give you the legendary
error code.

Remember to go back into RealPlayer to turn the proxy off afterwards (I don't bother because
I use JetAudio to actually play RealAudio files)
It's a lot quicker to do all this than it sounds because after the first time RealPlayer retains the
false proxy setting even with it turned off so it's just a couple of clicks each time

martinw

Best regards,
Neil
http://www.geocities.com/neil_jenkins.geo/