[peel] Wawali Bonane stream

Martin Wheatley martinwheatley@...
Wed May 4 21:48:45 CEST 2005

At 20:20 04/05/2005, you wrote:

>Neil
>What Martin meant was that he uses realplayer to get the proxy URL. This
>is achieved by playing the file in realplayer and whilst still playing,
>you disconnect from the internet and eventually an error pops up saying
>error connecting to URL ......, this is the link that is pasted into Net
>Transport for downloading.

It's got a bit more elegant than that now.    I no longer disconnect the
Internet connection

When you want to find a URL.   Start up Realplayer
Go to Tools - Preferences
Then to Connection - Proxy

Enter a false proxy under RTSP Proxy and turn it on.
The false proxy I use is 000.000.00

Then when you try to connect to a RealAudio stream it will give you the
legendary
error code.

Remember to go back into RealPlayer to turn the proxy off afterwards (I
don't bother because
I use JetAudio to actually play RealAudio files)
It's a lot quicker to do all this than it sounds because after the first
time RealPlayer retains the
false proxy setting even with it turned off so it's just a couple of clicks
each time

martinw