[peel] The Prats

Neil Jenkins neil_jenkins.geo@...
Mon Mar 28 13:17:48 CEST 2005

Well, digging out new and exciting music starts to lose its point if it's going to be forgotten after a short time, and so once it has been dug out it should continue to be enjoyed for a long time to come, just like the records much talked about by the good people on here.

I think there is a good balance here between new and old music, as there should be.  As well as the discussions about the old stuff, we still have people like Marcelle showing us the new stuff that's around, and people like Sarah Nelson who MAKES some of it!  And of course there's quite a following for Rob Da Bank and the work being carried on by Louise Kattenhorn and Hermeet Chadha.

Each person's musical journey should be an expansive one: You should fully take in the view from the deck of the ship but you should never forget about the route the ship ploughed to get you there!

Rob Strong <robstrong@...> wrote:
From: "Neil Jenkins" <neil_jenkins.geo@...>

> Trouble is, without a huge bank balance, and without a source of free
music (apart from stuff I find on the web for downloads), I prefer to spend
my money on new music

wow! considering the supposed nature of this list, that's the first time
someone's mentioned new music (rather than ancient obscurities or their
ongoing quest for a career 'filling the Peel void') for weeks.

Rob

Best regards,
Neil
http://www.geocities.com/neil_jenkins.geo/