Peel via Soulseek

faggy_fewster r.fewster@...
Sat Mar 12 19:33:39 CET 2005

Hi chaps,

I've just spent a very enjoyable couple of months sorting out all my
31 C90 Peel tapes that I collected from 1990-1998, in addition to
various MP3 clips from 1999-present. Like so many of you I presume, I
religiously recorded his shows, before tape-to-tape archiving my
favourite tracks along with some essential classic Peel comments.

Anyway, what I've done is record all these tapes into long MP3s
before dividing them up into individual tracks and clips, giving each
track an appropriate artiste and name.

In hindsight, there isn't enough of the man himself, although there
are still some absolutely superb monents. I also have a load of magic
clips from when John stood in for lunchtime DJ Jakkie Brambles in
1993, which for 2 glorious weeks made it feel like we (i.e. Peel and
his devotees) had "won", with the Fall and PJ Harvey blaring out in
hairdressers and Kwik Fit garages up and down the land!

Musically, there are certainly enough astonishing tracks to make my
Peel tape collection as good a body of work as anything I own (I
suppose this is a taste thing though..).

So it would be good to share this stuff with you folks, and if any of
you have done similar things to this (particularly for the 70s and
80s, when I was too young) I'd love to get hold of it.

How about I share it through Soulseek? At the moment, I am set up to
only share my files to specific named users, so if any of you are set
up on Soulseek then you should get in touch and we can swap usernames
and start downloading away.

Alternatively, I could burn it to CD and swap that way.

See what you reckon anyway.

Cheers,

Rich Fewster

PS: Here's the tracklisting of my ripped tape collection:

1990
1. Galaxie 500 - Here She Comes Now
2. Babes In Toyland - House
3. Wedding Present - Dalliance (S)
4. 7 Minutes Of Nausea - 11 Tracks

1991
5. Bongwater - Nick Cave Dolls
6. Bongwater - Great Radio
7. Smashing Orange - Sidewinder
8. Moonshake - Coward
9. Pufftube - Heavy Music / Jazz Cinnamon In My Brain /
    Love Theme From Emergency Peanut
10. Bleach - Wipe It Away
11. Unsane - Cracked Up
12. Flower - Memorial Day
13. Stereolab - Changer (S)
14. Jellyfish Kiss - Stormy Weather

1992
15. Ivor Cutler - I ate a lady's bun (S)
16. The Fall - Kimble (S)
17. Ivor Cutler / Babes In Toyland - Nature / Ripe
18. Ash Tray - Trailer
19. Come - Off To One Side (S)
20. Th' Faith Healers - Mother Sky (S)
21. Huggy Bear - Snail Messenger Loss
22. PJ Harvey - Me Jane (S)

1993
23. Bang Bang Machine - Geek Love
24. The Fall - Paranoid Man In Cheap Shot Room
25. Eggs - It's Hard To Be An Egg
26. Milk Cult - Tuesday
27. Spiritualised - Angel Sigh / Feel So Sad (S)
28. DJ Dick - Lost
29. God Is My Co Pilot - On Lust (S)
30. Mercury Players - Hollywood Or Bust
31. Cybersonic - Machine Gun
32. Trumans Water - Bludgeon  Elites & Stagger
33. Swirlies - Bell
34. Razorblade Smile - Red Sleeping Beauty
35. Ecstasy Of St. Theresa - Alpha Centuri
36. Fly Ashtray - Owl Mound
37. The Grifters - 'Side
38. Polvo - 6 Leaf Clover
39. Beatnik Film Stars - Sing Elvis
40. The Four Brothers - Unknown
41. Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band - Kandy Korn
42. Trashwomen - Aphrodisia
43. The New Bad Things - I Suck
44. God Is My Co-Pilot - Pilot
45. John Peel - Peel changes your life
46. Huggy Bear - Shaven Pussy Poetry
47. Red Aunts - Loleta
48. Circle - Crawatt
49. Gag - Condo 63
50. John Peel - Extraordinary Skin Conditions
51. Ivor Cutler - Life In A Scotch Sitting Room
52. Jacko Fire - Moaning At Midnight
53. Jacob's Mouse - Group of 7
54. Half Man Half Biscuit - Running Order Squabble Fest

1994
55. Pavement - Sutcliffe Catering Song (S)
56. Gorkys Zygotic Mynci - y ffordd oren
57. Elevate - Judus
58. That Dog - One Summer Night
59. Flying Saucer Attack - Crystal Haze
60. Harry Pussy - Riot Riot
61. The Misunderstood - I Can Take You To The Sun
62. Can - Vitamin C
63. John Peel - Wrong Speed
64. I'm Being Good - Stupid Intervals
65. Wormhole - 12am
66. John Peel - Record Label Not In
67. John Peel - Sting On Demand
68. John Peel - Sad Record Collector

1995
69. Shellac - Crow
70. Prolapse - When Space Invaders Were Big (S)
71. Vibrasonic - The Sea Of Stars
72. The Yummy Fur - Candy Clarke
73. Flowchart - Pronoun
74. Shelley - Reproduction Is Pollution
75. Long Fin Killie feat Mark E Smith - Heads Of Dead Surfers
76. Half Man Half Biscuit - Get Kramer (S)
77. Delgados - Primary Alternative
78. Brainiac - A Day In The Hot Seat

1996
79. Nub - Blue Climber
80. Kenickie - Come Out 2 Nite
81. 145s - Volvo Hatchback
82. Melt Banana - Stimulus For Revolting Virus
83. Blonde Redhead - Violent Life
84. Quickspace Supersport - Friend
85. Broadcast - The Note (S)
86. Olivia Tremor Control - Memories Of Jaqueline
87. Target Shoppers - Thumb In Eye
88. Arab Strap - First Big Weekend

1997
89. Helen Love - Does Your Heart Go Boom
90. John Peel - A Song For Hamesh
91. El Hombre Trajeado - Moon Unit Madness
92. The Rachels - Ryne and Cortisan (S)
93. Fantastic Everlasting Gobstoppper - Schoolgirl Psychedelia
94. John Peel - Just A Fine Slope
95. Elephant - Seperate End
96. Third Eye Foundation - Corpses (Version)
97. Light - Provisions

1998
98. Mogwai - Spoon Test (S)
99. Unknown - Unknown
100. Negen & Saugen - Drums Please
101. John Peel - Noisy Records
102. King Tubby - Zion dub

2000
103. Cow Cube - Popping Song
104. Noon Day Underground - Where Have They Gone

2001
105. Jonny Dowd - Big Wave
106. Half Man Half Biscuit - 24 Hour Garage People

2002
107. The Bees - No Trophy
108. David Jack - Era 3

2003
109. Radio Dept. - Liebling
110. Cranebuilders - You're Song
111. Liars - Catchy Like Brains On Gangs
112. Crimea - Lottery Winners On Acid
113. Hyper Kinako - Tokyo Invention Registration Office
114. Architecture In Helsinki - The Owls Go

2004
115. Alter Ego - Rocker
116. The Fall - Blindness (S)
117. John Peel - Fall Comment