[peel] Re: Festive 50 collection offer

Neil Jenkins neil_jenkins.geo@...
Sat Mar 12 15:03:15 CET 2005

Hi Mick (and everyone),

It's not your fault that you don't have a DVD burner!!  I've been thinking that the best (and fairest) way forward with this is that each person in receipt of a F50 DVD who DOES have a DVD burner should make two copies and send one to someone WITH a burner and ONE to someone WITHOUT.  This assumes, of course, that there's a roughly equal split between the two "communities".

I would be happy to co-ordinate/monitor this.  For example, in the first instance everyone who WANTS a DVD could send me a message saying whether or not they can distribute copies of it.  Then, when someone is in receipt of a DVD and wishes to copy it for distribution, they e-mail me and I provide them with two names and address (one with burner and one without).  As a single point of contact I can ensure that no one receives it twice or gets left out unintentionally (not that we would leave anyone out intentionally, but you get my point!).  Of course, I would need a "deputy" in case I visit the underside of a bus or something.

What do you think?

Best regards,
Neil

Mick <mick@...> wrote:

Lovely people,

I'd love to get a DVD of Festive 50s, but do not, unfortunately, have
a DVD burner.

If anyone is prepared to do me one, drop me a line and I'll send
address details etc.

Thanks

Mick