''Dedicated to John Peel""??? / Radio Seagull Peel tribute

Marcelle van Hoof mar.celle@...
Mon Mar 7 19:06:27 CET 2005

Dear all,

When I was sorting out some music for my programme Another Nice Mess
(tuesdays 6-8 GMT, www.dfm.nu <http://www.dfm.nu/>   don't'miss it!! And
Phil stores it!) I noticed that the excellent Suicidal Birds album
(which can be won in a competition tomorrow) has the line Dedicated to
John Peel on the sleeve. I am wondering how many and which artists also
thank John on their sleeves, after he died. I know Mogwai do so on their
BBC Commissions cd, but do you have any other suggestions? Might be nice
idea to do a programme with only ''dedicated to john peel'' records in
it..

I also got two cassettes from a listener to my programme. On them is a
''tribute to John peel programme broadcast last february by the - for me
previously unknown -  Radio Seagull. It's just an English person playing
records Peel ''encouraged him to buy''. I have only listened to 45
minutes of the 3 hour programme, but the choice of records is quite
good, from Bis to Transglobal Underground and from acid house to B-Movie
and from a sixties band to The Fall. If anyone wants a copy, please let
me know, although so far I only know how to transfer them to minidisk or
cassette (16 peel shows on 1 cd-r like the brilliant Finnish shows is a
technically miracle for me ... )

Love Marcelle