[peel] Bath Jazz&Blues

cannon alan ajcauk@...
Wed Jun 22 11:34:42 CEST 2005

> Festival of Blues & ?????? Music  (only got � the
> ticket)
> 27th - 28th June 1970

That would have to be the Bath Jazz and Blues Festival
1970 at the Somerset Show Ground famous for giving
Michael Eavis, who'd jumped the fence, the inspiration
to start his Glastonbury Fayres on Worthy Farm a few
miles away.

> Price 50/- (Mind you we only paid 20/- [�1] as some
> of the security were
> reselling used tickets).
> From memory.
> Maynard Ferguson
> Donovan
> Led Zeppelin
> Pink Floyd (debut performance of Atom Heart Mother)
My primary reason for going but they took so long to
come on i fell asleep grrr

> Mothers of Invention
> Canned Heat
> Steppenwolf
> Jefferson Airplane
> Hot Tuna
> Flock
> Dr. John
> The Byrds
> Country Joe & the Fish
> John Mayall
> I'm pretty certain there were some more English
> bands, but for the life of
> me, I cannot remember them.

others worthy of mention
Santana
Fairport Convention -brought in by some Hells
                      Angels  on their bikes
Colosseum
Johnny Winter
It's a Beautiful Day
   predominantly  americans
i know i was there but kind of only half there when i
start to read the google entries on what was my first
weekend festival. As i remember it 200,OOO people or
so in one field served by maybe 3 hamburger stalls and
on compering duties John Peel if i'm not mistaken.

alanjc