[peel] BonzoGig_mm3-29-69

Phil Edwards festive50@...
Wed Jun 22 01:49:41 CEST 2005

Well here's some more gigs in "old money"

Saw Led Zep at time Led Zep I for 6/- at "The Farx" in Southall. This was in
the next town to where I grew up (incidentally, after I heard that Live
Misty and Roots track with the incredible intro on Marcelles's show, I did a
search for Misty and Roots and discovered they were also from Southall).

I've also dug out som old "gig" tickets (how sad am I)?
Just found � a ticket for an All Nighter at the Lyceum for Friday 13th Feb
10.30 pm - 6.00 am (probably 1969)
Bands:-
T.Rex, Edgar Broughton Band (a poor man's Beefheart), Scene (don't remember
them), Gunhill, Taste and Fairport Convention with D.J. David Symonds
All for a measly 25/-

Keef Hartley's Big Band, East of Eden and Mott The Hoople - Tuesday 14th
April (69/70) at Watford Town Hall - Price = 12/6. I seem to recall this was
the same night of a budget where Purcahase Tax was replaced by V.A.T.

Festival of Blues & ?????? Music  (only got � the ticket)
27th - 28th June 1970
Price 50/- (Mind you we only paid 20/- [�1] as some of the security were
reselling used tickets).
>From memory.
Maynard Ferguson
Donovan
Led Zeppelin
Pink Floyd (debut performance of Atom Heart Mother)
Mothers of Invention
Canned Heat
Steppenwolf
Jefferson Airplane
Hot Tuna
Flock
Dr. John
The Byrds
Country Joe & the Fish
John Mayall
I'm pretty certain there were some more English bands, but for the life of
me, I cannot remember them.
As a minor claim to fame, I went with Malcolm Owen (latterly of the Ruts),
whose father drove us to this festival.
Also, when we got there, we met up with 2 girls he knew who shared a flat in
Ealing, whose surnames were Page and Plant (and which their doorbell proudly
displayed) - Just an ageing Hippy anecdote.

An evening with "The Soft Machine" at thhe Rainbow - Sat Feb 24th 1973 -
�1-50
Phil