[peel] Bath Jazz&Blues

John Bravin john.bravin@...
Wed Jun 22 18:23:25 CEST 2005

More details of the 1970 Bath Festival on
www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Hotel/8117/Bath01.html and
http://tinpan.fortunecity.com/ebony/546/bA1.html. Including a short 8mm
film of the festival.  Did I really look like that....

I do remember John Peel and Mike Raven making the obligatory "Suzie from
Streatham is having a bad acid trip stage left" announcements.

Interesting that most of the artists on the the original line-up have
toured Europe in 2005.  Certainly the Byrds, Colosseum, Country Joe,
Canned Heat, Donovan, Hot Tuna, Jefferson Airplane, John Mayall, Pink
Floyd, Santana, Steppenwolf, Jonny Winter, Hawkwind, Fairport
Convention, Moody Blues, Dr John have all toured this year.   So sad
that the almost the only exception is John Peel....

Wonder if all this year's Glastonbury line up will all be touring in
2040...... Somehow I doubt it, they probably make their money in the
first 5 years of their career rather than the last 5 years as used to be
the case.

John