[peel] Re: Canadian CBC Arts Writer Places Stowmarket South Of London

robfleay@... robfleay@...
Thu Jul 28 16:34:54 CEST 2005

> The only hard evidence I have of him playing U2, though, is the 1983 Festive 50,

I seem to remember a few caustic comments about leather trousers that were aimed in the general direction of Bono.

I'm guessing it's the same lazy journalism, which was in evidence shortly after his death when Radio 1 Newsbeat credited Peel for discovering several bands that he never actually played - it seems a general misconception that any "student" white-boy guitar band that broke through must have been championed by John Peel in their early days

Email sent from http://www.ntlworld.com/
Virus-checked using McAfee(R) Software