[peel] Re: Canadian CBC Arts Writer Places Stowmarket South Of London

simon smith moomin@...
Fri Jul 29 04:50:46 CEST 2005

In message
<20050728143454.JVAZ24042.aamta11-winn.ispmail.ntl.com@...>
, robfleay@... writes
>> The only hard evidence I have of him playing U2, though, is the 1983 Festive 50,
>
>I seem to remember a few caustic comments about leather trousers that
>were aimed in the general direction of Bono.

I remember after Bono came on stage strutting and waving a huge white
flag (broadcast on TV sometime in the early 80s) his remarks were rather
caustic indeed - something to the effect that he thought we'd left all
this **** behind.

--
simon smith