[peel] Re: Canadian CBC Arts Writer Places Stowmarket South Of London

simon smith moomin@...
Sat Jul 30 12:01:14 CEST 2005

In message <dceehf+am24@...>, Mick <mick@...>
writes
>--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "Ed Duffy" <eddie.duffy@b...> wrote:
>> I have vague memories of him playing "A Day Without Me" at some
>> point. He also played Spandau Ballet and Duran Duran in their early
>> days.
>
>You know, I distinctly (think I) remember him playing Wham Rap one
>night. Like first hearing about planes attacking the World Trade
>Centre, I can remember exactly where I was at the time ...

More than one night, I'm pretty sure. He was pretty enthusiastic about
it. I still quite like it myself! I remember him playing Spandau
Ballet's first single and expressing disappointment that it was quite
ordinary after all the hype. He was very enthusiastic about Tears for
Fears' first two singles, quite rightly in my view.

--
simon smith