[peel] Re: From something called contactmusic.com

Robf robfleay@...
Sun Jul 3 01:27:32 CEST 2005

> Certainly struck
> me that they'd been selected largely by the usual record
> company affiliations that get bands festival slots - hardly
> in keeping with what you'd imagine a "Peel Stage" would be
> all about.

I think I posted on here a while back that the "John Peel" stage was
christened without any consultation between Glastonbury and Sheila or
the BBC. This info came from a new band that had recorded a Peel
Session in 2004 and contacted Louise about getting a slot. Needless to
say they didn't get one...