Peel replacement Huw Stephens

egdirdle2001 penarth2002@...
Wed Jan 12 12:06:28 CET 2005

I used to work with him at Radio Wales. Don't get me wrong he's a
smashing bloke.
But 4 years ago , although he did the Wales Evening Session, they
wouldn't even let him answer the phones. I would often play him new
stuff that he'd never heard before. Again...good bloke but he was 17
at the time and the BBC in London used to tell Wales what to play.
He used to get ribbed in the office a bit cos he was the youngest -
he must only be about 22 now !
The best of luck to him but if you'd have told me 4 years ago that
Huw would in some way be in the John Peel slot within 5 years I
would have been surprised to say the least.
There you go I sound just like one of those jealous ex-industry
types that you get on internet media forums. Maybe I am.
Godd luck Huw anyway.