Peel replacement Huw Stephens

Tom Roche troche@...
Sun Jan 16 05:57:31 CET 2005

At 12:32 PM +0000 1/12/05, peel@yahoogroups.com wrote:
>  Peel replacement Huw Stephens
>

>I used to work with him at Radio Wales. Don't get me wrong he's a
>smashing bloke.
>But 4 years ago , although he did the Wales Evening Session, they
>wouldn't even let him answer the phones.

That profile of Huw the BBC Wales site says his fave band is Gorky's
and, quoting the site, "They're his favourite band. He got very drunk
and ended up spewin' in a hedge outside and then lying in the rain
singing Gorky's songs."

The webmaster at BBC Wales as a unique concept of public relations, no?

Wonder if Hew even knows of Dab Bloogie or Llwybr Llaethog? Far more
compelling Welsh music than Gorky's in my view.

tom r