[peel] Festive 50 - 2004

simon smith moomin@...
Sat Jan 1 17:30:59 CET 2005

In message <00c001c4ef86$62f0a250$2e90220a@...>, Jan Buxton
<janb@...> writes
>Well much as I really liked some of the things Peel brought to us
>(Hefner, B+S, HMHB, that Caroline Martin record in the FF etc etc), I
>also felt he played a lot of completely unlistenable rubbish.

I've heard that said a million times about the Peel show and normally I
think I know what people mean - Melt Banana or the Swans for example.
However I'm not sure what was 'unlistenable rubbish' in this year's
festive fifty - it seemed generally pretty melodious and conventional to
me, apart from the Magic Band I suppose.

--
simon smith