Finnish Radio Shows

thebarguest thebarguest@...
Mon Aug 22 23:54:08 CEST 2005

Tnanks - very kind of you !

"Much wants more" - I'd love
to hear some JP from 1969 - 1977
(started listening in 1977 when it
was half punk, half prog).

Also, does anyone know where I can obtain
some Alan "Fluff" Freeman BBC rock show
material ? Like JP, AF was a one-off whose
comments / intros / jingles enhanced the
rock he played. In 1977 -78 he also played
some punk / new-wave - I remember "Goodbye
Toulouse" by The Stranglers.

yours etc.
Sir Harbottle Grimston

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, "phil" <philip_h@n...> wrote:
> Hi,
> My Finnish friends and I have a few more of John Peel's Finnish
radio
> shows to share with any interested parties. Most of the shows
aren't
> complete having been originally recorded onto C90 cassettes, but
> having listened to them all I would say that they are still well
worth
> having. One of them is the first ever show from Peel Acres.
>
> The shows are in 128 CBR MP3 and here is the link to the torrent:
> http://thepiratebay.org/details.php?id=3373274
>
> Most of the work (conversion etc) has been done by Ville and the
> original source tapes were kindly supplied by list member Herra Gee
> from Pori, Finland. There are many more of these tapes and these
will
> hopefully be shared before too long.
>
> While Ville is organising the technical side of things I'm happy to
> mail a couple of copies of these shows to people who don't feel too
at
> ease with the torrent downloading aspect of this or maybe don't
have a
> fast enough connection etc. Maybe I could supply a couple of people
> and they could then pass on a further copies to others if
requested?
> It will take two cdr's for the 19 shows.
>
> We have tried to supply an accurate tracklisting but please feel
free
> to correct us or to fill in any gaps. It's difficult to find info
for
> some of these tracks and we probably a few mistakes. The
tracklisting