[peel] Re: Finnish Radio Shows

simon smith moomin@...
Tue Aug 23 12:55:43 CEST 2005

In message <dedhi0+q6be@...>, thebarguest
<thebarguest@...> writes
>"Much wants more" - I'd love
>to hear some JP from 1969 - 1977
>(started listening in 1977 when it
>was half punk, half prog).

Wasn't the other half more groups with names like 'Stackwaddy' (?) and
'Monty's Dirtbucket' (perhaps I made that up). Though in those days he
did seem to play a fair amount of stuff he didn't really like, Mike
Oldfield and come to mind).

I've been listening to some North American college radio stations on the
web recently, especially UVIC in Canada, and they have a wonderful range
of musics, and while they do tend to compartmentalise, there are a few
mixed up programmes. There are a lot of real enthusiasts involved in
some of those stations, but mostly for one sort of music (why do
Canadians like jazz so much?), but still I hear a lot of stuff I
wouldn't have a chance to hear anywhere else, apart from the Nice Mess.

http://cfuv.uvic.ca/Program%20Schedule/programs.html

--
Simon

http://www.wivenhoeguide.co.uk