Peel and Death Metal

herra_gee herra.gee@...
Thu Apr 21 00:43:38 CEST 2005

--- In peel@yahoogroups.com, rockerq@a... wrote:

> PS what was that band he played whose lyrics were all in Sumerian or
similar.

That would be Nile. Great stuff.

I recall Peel playing quite a bit of Death Metal (and/or related
stuff, let's not be too particular here...), especially bands on
Relapse Records: Nile, Cephalic Carnage, Mortician etc.

Mr. Gee

p.s. I glanced over some posts a while back regarding Peel's shows for
Finnish radio. Now, as a resident of Finland and a long-time Peel
listener I would like to rub it in your noses that I have about
200-300 of those shows (1986-2004) on tape. However, I have no means
whatsoever to transfer those onto my PC and make them available to
those interested. Would if I could. Sorry.