Light relief

Nigel U npu65@...
Fri Oct 29 09:49:42 CEST 2004

One Peel memory that's made me smile this week happened in February 1983 a couple of days after Liverpool were dumped out of the FA Cup by Brighton .

Instead of Pickin' The Blues leading into the show as usual, he started off with a recording of some seagulls, promptly followed by the sounds of gunfire then the Kop Choir singing You'll Never Walk Alone. Peelie excorsised his demons again that week as he was presenting Top Of The Pops. As he was running through the chart countdown, (I forget the song in question) "and now going down, like Brighton..." - who else would have done that? :-)