Peel F.M.?!

cynicaldj cynicaldj@...
Fri Oct 29 17:39:23 CEST 2004

Hello Group,

May I take this opportunity to thank the Moderator for accepting my
Application for Membership to this Group.

My name is Nathan, I am from Kent, in the United Kingdom and for
about 15 years I have been a dedicated listener of The John Peel
Shows on B.B.C Radio One.

On Tuesday, 26th October 2004, when it was announced that John had
suffered a heart attack and was no longer with us. I, along with
several thousands, if not millions of others, have been grieving ever
since.

His warmth, personality, and humour will be sadly missed. One aspect
of his Programmes that should be retained is, as he would argue
himself was the most important factor, the MUSIC.

It's too early to say whether Radio One will want to (or be able to)
keep a Programme "on-the-air" that kept the diverse Music available
that he played, but I would like to make some form of contribution,
and the best - and cheapest - way of doing this is via an Internet
Radio Station.

This is not merely blowing hot air; I am a Professional Computer
Technician AND Hospital Radio Manager and Presenter for about as long
as I've been listening to John. I have also Presented for an R.S.L.

So, is anyone interested in discussing this further, let me know?

Rock In Peace - John Peel.

P.S. I have set up my own Yahoo! Group for this purpose at: