[peel] In the clouds....

Phil Edwards festive50@...
Thu Oct 28 01:32:05 CEST 2004

Interestingly enough, Tom. In the Front Row program on Radio 4 yesterday,
the boy Kershaw recounted the last time he met John for coffee. He told John
that he "looked terrible".
John's reply was that, what with the diabetes and the change in the
schedules, putting his shows back 2 hours and Home Truths, "It's Killing me
and I feel, I'm being marginalized". (There's a sound bite for conspiracy
theorists. I think that he'd be having a little chuckle at the thought of
the Beeb's new schedules being a cunning plot to literally get rid of him.)
Kershaw went on to say, "You're bigger than the BBC, and you should be able
to dictate what hours you want to work, silly bugger".
Phil