[peel] In the clouds....

simon smith moomin@...
Thu Oct 28 01:03:19 CEST 2004

In message <a05100302bda5c4354a93@[192.168.1.101]>, Tom Roche
<troche@...> writes
>I've been thinking about the state of John's health towards the end. We
>know he was a strict vegetarian, but he was also diabetic. And diabetes
>significantly raises heart disease risks, as does excess weight.

He had the most severe form of diabetes and was taking tablets for high
blood pressure as well. I remember him several times saying things
suggesting an awareness that his lifetime was quite likely to be shorter
than he would have hoped.
Of course being aware of all this didn't soften the blow in the
slightest when I heard the news.

--
simon smith