Peel - The Future

Martin Wheatley martinw@...
Wed Oct 27 10:13:52 CEST 2004

Yesterday we were quite rightly in shock but today we must
think of the future.  Important decisions are going to be made at
Radio 1 and soon

There is a fundamental choice to be made here. It depends on whether
they see Peel as representing a type of music in which case he would
be replaced by someone similarly adventurous and eclectic or if they
see Peel now as a personality dj who can therefore be replaced in
the schedules by anything they choose.   Another dance prog or a Zane
clone perhaps (after all Zane plays 'new music' doesn't he     grrrrrrrrrrh)

It matters to me very much (and I hope to most on this list) that they
take the former view.   We can influence this
The man making the decision will be Andy Parfitt at Radio 1 and he needs
to be bombarded with with e-mails telling him that we expect the legacy
of Peel to be continued and not lost in some slick rescheduling
I don know his e-mail (does anyone?) but a guess would be
andy.parfitt@...

Someone has to stand between real music and the forces of blandness and
mediocrity as represented by the likes of Simon Cowell and I don't fancy
Zane Lowe for the job

It matters folks and after the decision has been made will be too late.

martinw