[peel] Peel - The Future

ady foley adyfoley@...
Wed Oct 27 10:55:35 CEST 2004

I totally agree Martin.  Obviously John's irreplaceable, but it's
important that his legacy is continued and that means steering away
from the safe path of bland playlists and putting in place some one who
will continue to champion new music, whilst not forgetting the great
music of the past.  Most importantly, someone who will play the music
that they want to, not what they're told to.

I'd hope that Radio 1 wouldn't rush into any decisions on this and will
listen to people's views and think very carefully about how they can
fill the void now that John has gone.

For now though, I'm sure there's plenty of great session tracks to be
repeated or some good guest presenters until that decision's made.

ady

 --- Martin Wheatley <martinw@...> wrote:

> Yesterday we were quite rightly in shock but today we must
> think of the future.  Important decisions are going to be made at
> Radio 1 and soon
>
> There is a fundamental choice to be made here. It depends on whether
> they see Peel as representing a type of music in which case he would
> be replaced by someone similarly adventurous and eclectic or if they
> see Peel now as a personality dj who can therefore be replaced in
> the schedules by anything they choose.   Another dance prog or a Zane
> clone perhaps (after all Zane plays 'new music' doesn't he
> grrrrrrrrrrh)

=====
vacuous pop presents

saturday 6 november
fuck-off machete, the workhouse & detwiije
the wheatsheaf, 129 high street, oxford
doors 7.30pm / �5 / 18+

vacuous pop - record label & live promotions
cat on form / dustball / ship's a going down / xahdrez / the edmund fitzgerald / youthmovie soundtrack strategies / help she can't swim

vacuous pop, po box 289, oxford ox5 1we | www.vacuouspop.com