Peel Playlists

dunelm61 dunelm@...
Mon Nov 22 22:24:39 CET 2004

Does anyone happen to know if the BBC's PasB (Programme-as-
Broadcast) sheets are available for inspection by the general
public? Ken Garner's book refers to archives held at Caversham, and
I for one would really like to see the playlists for some of Peel's
old shows.

For example, the playlists for two shows from 1977 would make
interesting reading: the August Bank Holiday show, when he played
exclusively punk records for (I think) the first time: and the show
in December when he played the 1977 Festive Fifty (chosen by him
rather than his listeners, and which does not appear in full on any
of the FF websites).

Of course, the playlists for any of Peel's shows in the last thirty-
odd years would make fascinating reading. I wonder if there would be
any mileage in someone producing a book of nothing but playlists
from his shows?!