[peel] Peel's replacement

Rob Strong robstrong@...
Sat Nov 20 10:37:17 CET 2004

From: "Martin Wheatley" <martinw@...>

> The cynic in me suggests they are currently testing out whether it was the
dj
> or the format that attracted people before they even consider hiring from
> outside.   My suspicion is that if the audiences fall drastically under
Rob
> they will conclude it was the dj and that will be the end of eclectic
> programming on Radio 1

I don't know if anyone else round here has the same problem as me. Whether
it's getting older or whatever, I can't regularly stay up beyond 11 and
function at work the next day. I hadn't listened to any of Peel's shows in
the few weeks after the switch to 11pm-1am, and I haven't heard Rob Da Bank
at all.