[peel] Peel's replacement

Martin Wheatley martinw@...
Sat Nov 20 01:18:37 CET 2004

At 23:14 19/11/2004 +0000, you wrote:
>  I have to admit I actually thought Steve was the obvious replacement.
> I'm a regular reader of his Wire Columns as well as a listener and I was
> really surprised he didn't get the nod. .

The cynic in me suggests they are currently testing out whether it was the dj
or the format that attracted people before they even consider hiring from
outside.   My suspicion is that if the audiences fall drastically under Rob
they will conclude it was the dj and that will be the end of eclectic
programming
on Radio 1

martinw