Unheard BBCWS shows

Tom Roche troche@...
Tue Nov 2 22:17:20 CET 2004

Last week I wrote an e-mail to the BBC World Service "Popular Music Department" (yes that what it really is) before they had scheduled the BBCWS Peel Tribute show that had gone out this past Friday. In my letter I speculated that since John Peel would have been on vacation for a few more weeks, they probably had a few un aired shows on tape when he died. I asked that these shows not be withheld.

Yesterday a replay came, as follows:

----------------

Hi

Thanks for your e-mail. John's remaining programmes will be broadcast
from this week in his usual slot. His family have requested they are
aired.

All The Best

ALAN ROWETT
Senior Producer : BBC World Service
Room 101 Henry Wood House
3/6 Langham Place
LONDON W1A 1AA
Tel : 020 7765 3938
E-mail : alan.rowett@...

Presently the tribute show is available until Friday at 0830UTC at
http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/aod/rpms/ws_johnpeel.rpm. Then at that time the next new show will be played.

Tom R